As many people already know, WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin used by developers for building e-commerce platforms. It comes with a lot of benefits which helps in setting up e-commerce stores. However, despite its many benefits, many people have a hard time changing the default language.
WordPress WooCommerce How to Change Language
- Step 1: Enter language code in wp-config.php to set WordPress language. To do this, enter define (‘WPLANG’, ‘da_DK’);
- Step 2: The next thing you’ll need to do is to create a new directory in ‘wp-content’ directory, name this new directory ‘languages’.
- Step 3: Visit http://translate.wordpress.org/, and choose your preferred language code. After selecting your preferred language code, you’ll be redirected to a new page where you’ll need to select the appropriate WordPress version from a list of options.
- Step 4: After completing the above step, an option for download will come up. Scroll down until you see a file with the name “.mo”. Select the file, and click on “Export”. After clicking on “Export”, the download of the “.mo” file will commence. After the download is completed, convert filename to language code, then move the “.mo” file to the new directory created in step 2 which should be “wp-content/languages/”.
- Step 5: Visit http://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce-language-packs for WooCommerce translation packages. Choose the right translation pack and extract it from the zip folder.
- Step 6: On your screen, navigate to WordPress admin panel > settings > general, then select the new default language of your choice.