WordPress is still the king of Content Management Systems (CMS). Thanks to its open-source nature, millions upon millions of users and PHP experts have fine-tuned it to be the most powerful and user-friendly website creation tool in existence.
From personal blogs to large businesses and media companies, there is no task that WordPress is unable to handle.
WooCommerce takes care of one of such tasks – eCommerce – featuring complete integration of all the online businesses services you would need:
- Three easy buying steps – product selection > cart > checkout
- Integration of payment processors from debit to credit and almost all online alternatives in between.
- Integration with business exposure platforms – Facebook, MailChimp.
- Powerful Google Analytics toolset that gives you insight into better marketing approaches.
- Flexible design can be adapted to every kind of business.
- Automated calculations of taxes.
These are just some of the main features that were previously reserved for teams of people handling the day-to-day business of companies. Now, a single person can make it all happen on a highly professional level!
Suffice to say, over 5 million users are ensuring that WooCommerce keeps updating and growing its formidable eCommerce features. Moreover, if you need anything extra, WooCommerce has developed its own official extension marketplace on WooCommerce.com.
Of the most requested features that are not present by default is the need to change order numbers in WooCommerce.
If you want to find out how to change the order number in WooCommerce, keep reading!
Thanks to its large marketplace for extensions, also called plugins, the solution to this need comes in the form of the Custom Order Numbers for WooCommerce.
If you are lucky enough to have many customers buying through your website, you will soon realize that you are getting swamped with random order numbers, which makes it more difficult to create a mental map of your business’ flow. Custom Order Number for WooCommerce plugin will completely eliminate this hassle by:
- Introducing customizable order numbers – by order ID or sequential.
- Having the ability to automatically reset sequential counter either daily, monthly or yearly.
- Having order tracking to custom number, alongside adding prefixes and renumeration of existing orders.
Most importantly, all new orders will be assigned a custom number automatically.
Once you install and enable the Custom Order Number for WooCommerce, access its settings to see which options are at your disposal, as you can see right here:
You will have two main options forms: Order Numbers Module and Orders Renumerate Tool.
If you do nothing else but check the “Make Order Numbers Sequential” box to “enable”, you are already set to receive orderly orders!
Now, it is up to you to determine which order numbers should reset when, which entirely depends on the success of your business. The more orders you get, the more you will have to fine-tune it, starting with enabling the order tracking by custom number box at the bottom of the form.
As for the Renumerate Tool, you can reorder the orders by either date or order ID.